2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

If the RNC and the R Party in each state would work against him, I don’t know if Trump could get on the ballot as a Republican. If he couldn’t use any of the party apparatus in each state, it would be much tougher on him. Instead, they have enabled him. Which is basically what you said, and what I think sailed over Steve‘s head.

They should be playing hardball with him, and calling him out for his attempt to steal an election he clearly lost. They could essentially be keeping him from running as a Republican. But they are not doing that and they won’t do that.

Also, if the entire R party would denounce him, he would lose support. They won’t, though.
    Regarding sailing over my head, I'm reminded of this...

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: A ban on sales tax for gas stoves?
    I love it!
    This is my candidate!
    Good stuff. I'm really laughing out loud as I compose this post.

Why do Republican's hate the environment so much and love performative BS politicians?

It's like you all can't deal with any inconvenient fact that may affect your lives (i.e. gas stoves release pollutants that worsen human health and the environment) and just want to live in some retro bubble where everything is exactly as you say it is, even when it's clearly not. There is so much childish immaturity when dealing with and discussing serious topics when it comes to Republicans. Can you all just grow up and act like serious adults?

Owning the Libs is funny
    Encouraging the sales of a product that does emit harmful gases, especially for children, isn’t funny. It’s like encouraging the sale of cigarettes to minors, in more ways than one, as the initial study suggests that the gases emitted by a gas stove in the home are equivalent to having a smoker in the home.

It’s not significant in the grand scheme of things climate-wise, for sure. I may end up purchasing a gas stove for our home, I’m still thinking about it.

In the end, what this amounts to is DeSantis posturing that people who have a different opinion than he does MUST BE PUNISHED. It’s straight up authoritarianism. It’s not serious policy, it’s a childish impulse to insult others and “get even” for some imagined slight. In this case, it’s not even a real threat to ban gas stoves, it’s all performative BS.

It seems that is what Steve wants, though.

Dan Rather’s opinion of DeSantis:

I read a story yesterday that DeSantis took over a school in Florida, fired the board and replaced them with the likes of Christopher Rufo. They intend to run the school like a Christian school.

“The Ron DeSantis takeover of Florida higher education was on full display Tuesday. First the Republican governor announced plans to defund diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives at state colleges and universities. Then, later that day, his handpicked trustees at New College of Florida convened for their first board meeting, where they ousted the president and began the process of reshaping the institution into a facsimile of Hillsdale College, a private Christian institution in Michigan.”

How does this not violate the separation of church and state?

Dan Rather’s opinion of DeSantis:

I read a story yesterday that DeSantis took over a school in Florida, fired the board and replaced them with the likes of Christopher Rufo. They intend to run the school like a Christian school.

“The Ron DeSantis takeover of Florida higher education was on full display Tuesday. First the Republican governor announced plans to defund diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives at state colleges and universities. Then, later that day, his handpicked trustees at New College of Florida convened for their first board meeting, where they ousted the president and began the process of reshaping the institution into a facsimile of Hillsdale College, a private Christian institution in Michigan.”

How does this not violate the separation of church and state?

It does, but Christian Conservatives and Republicans think the separation of church and state in the constitution only means that government can't put rules on their religions or religious practices under any circumstances. So in their view, they are free to ignore its full meaning and they have a SC that will allow them to do so, but force government to fund Christian religious initiative. All other religions don't matter unless it happens to be on something that they are aligned with Christian conservatives on. Then they will gladly plead the case of other religions.

I don't have time to read all that is posted above but I'm getting the drift of it.
    Now my "friends" are waking up and smelling the coffee.
    If you want Biden to have another term, Donald Trump is not someone you should fear.
    DeSantis is.
    No one would dare admit that I am correct...but your posts speak loudly and clearly that you know I'm correct.

What states you think DeSantis is
    Going to flip?

Running up the score in the mentally challenged state of Florida doesn’t do you any good when you are completely unlikable and won’t draw moderates or independents.

He is the Republican version of Michael Dukakis.

Except he doesn’t even run his own household - his wife tells him what to do and trump knows it. It will be exploited.

I hope you ask more critical thinking of your students than you do yourself

If people such as @brandon and @cuddlemonkey presented themselves in the manner that @superchuck500 does, I'd have more respect for you.
    Unfortunately you chose to alter my quote and you do not have my respect at all.
    Not that you seek it or care.

You haven't posted anything other than nonsense since you have joined the board. And you are hypersensitive to pretty much everything. You are the one that doesn't deserve any respect here.....just another R with a childish disposition....

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: A ban on sales tax for gas stoves?
    I love it!
    This is my candidate!
    Good stuff. I'm really laughing out loud as I compose this post.

Then I'd say you're not a serious voter. It appears that only about 10% of Florida homes even have gas hookups. It's not likely to benefit many Floridians - and it's not serious because it responds to what was simply a regulatory agency considering a range (pun!) of options that included (but was never seriously considered) banning gas stoves to address interior air quality issues that manifested in serious health issues including childhood asthma.

The sole purpose of this is the performance - it's not a meaningful policy point, it doesn't even address anything that's real. It's not serious.

I don't get this part of the electorate (almost always Republican but I suppose not 100%) that finds appeal from candidates who do this performative clowning - he's not just using rhetoric here, it's actual policy. Policy isn't suppose to be jokes or burns. It's genuinely stupid.

What states you think DeSantis is
    Going to flip?

Running up the score in the mentally challenged state of Florida doesn’t do you any good when you are completely unlikable and won’t draw moderates or independents.

He is the Republican version of Michael Dukakis.

Except he doesn’t even run his own household - his wife tells him what to do and trump knows it. It will be exploited.

I hope you ask more critical thinking of your students than you do yourself
    Pennsylvania and Ohio would go for DeSantis over elderly Biden.

You haven't posted anything other than nonsense since you have joined the board. And you are hypersensitive to pretty much everything. You are the one that doesn't deserve any respect here.....just another R with a childish disposition....
    "Nonsense" is in the eye of the beholder. I am not sure why @Farb never gives me a like?....and if I was on a conservative board I'd get numerous likes. Conservatives would not feel my desire to keep my gas stove was nonsense. On Fox News and Newsmax they would do an excellent job of mocking some of you. Some viewpoints laid out here would be laughed at on those networks for sure. Yes, "nonsense" is in the eye of the beholder!
    I TRY not to be mean spirited or a name caller. I'm not perfect...but I actually do try.
    Focusing on "respect"....
    When a poster has a point and backs it up in a convincing way I am often the first one to compliment them. Isn't that true?
    When I hold a position and then a poster does what I said in the previous sentence...I admit I was wrong and I thank them for their post. Isn't that also true?
    So in this regard I DO give respect to those folks.
    I am not so "hypersensitive. That's not the best word. I am just often unwilling to argue.
    It's not worth my time. I watched on the sidelines as Farb posted again and again about something. I was agreeing with much of it yet none of you would. Farb was just wasting time.
    Some of you are stuck in your ideology and you are never gonna budge. I'm often like that as well but there HAS been times when I posted: "I was wrong. That was very helpful. Thank you for your post".
    Isn't that true?
    Yet there are those folks on this thread that just like to throw out hurtful words....name calling...stuff like that. (See! Ooooo. Steve's sensitive) .....I would just say that I'm not sensitive, I just don't respect them at that moment. They are not likable at that moment.
    A couple of people enjoy seeking out my posts and inserting laughing emojis.
    Therefore they do not have my respect....yet they are NOT seeking or caring how I feel. Their goal is to be annoying to me. To mock me. If that happens often then I turn to other social media where I can have fun.
    Wow! That was a long answer. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    There are some very serious criticisms of DeSantis brought up in this thread, especially concerning his tendency to trample over the Bill of Rights with his educational decrees. I wonder why those are ignored, and the BS that is the gas stove nonsense gets trumpeted?

Well, Ohio isn’t a flip, and I seriously doubt Pennsylvania would vote for the likes of DeSantis.
    Did Ohio vote for Trump in 2020?......Oh you are correct. Google states that Trump received 53% of the 2020 vote in Ohio.
    Good job @MT15 :)
    PA went to Biden by a small margin in 2020.
    I think DeSantis would appeal to more PA voters than Trump. Just my opinion.

Pennsylvania and Ohio would go for DeSantis over elderly Biden.
    Unfortunately, they might be stupid enough to do that. DeSantis is an idiot but that hasn’t stopped the mouth-breathers in Florida who voted for him.

Unfortunately, they might be stupid enough to do that. DeSantis is an idiot but that hasn’t stopped the mouth-breathers in Florida who voted for him.
    He was smart enough to be elected twice.
    He's moral enough to not be accused of infidelity or tax evasion.
    I think people will like him more than Trump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom