2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

She is one of very few Republicans I actually like.

I thought I liked her after her stint as SC governor, particularly how she handled the Charleston church shooting and aftermath. I even respected the position she tried to maintain as UN Ambassador. But after that, I have been terribly disappointed. She has had multiple opportunities to defend law, principle and custom against Trump’s abuses and refused. She even endorsed some of his activities by choosing to defend him rather than following her more noble peers in the party - even when it was obvious she knew better. She’s a coward IMO.

Yup. YOU would never support someone because they have a D next to their name.
    No...not you.
    Above is my off the cuff answer sprinkled with attitude.
    Now (just below) is my slightly more thoughtfully prepared answer.....
    Naturally I HAVE ALREADY read internet articles on DeSantis and viewed Youtube videos as well.
    and....Not every "R" makes a good impression on me thru articles or videos, but DeSantis HAS done so.
    I don't owe you any explanation...but I've provided one anyway.
    I'm simply not interested in spending hours reading what appears in Post 387.
    Have a good day.

I've voted for an R as recently as 2015.....when is the last time you voted D? Once, long ago, from a party far, far gone, there were sane folks in it.......The R party has lost their collective minds, but go ahead and keep doing what you're doing....there is an orange man out there who can't wait to tear the party apart, it will be fun to watch!!!!!

The stuff you post is total and utter BS.....most of the folks on the DeSantis bandwagon are racist, bigoted and/or white christian nationalists, like a good portion of the R party these days.....

I thought I liked her after her stint as SC governor, particularly how she handled the Charleston church shooting and aftermath. I even respected the position she tried to maintain as UN Ambassador. But after that, I have been terribly disappointed. She has had multiple opportunities to defend law, principle and custom against Trump’s abuses and refused. She even endorsed some of his activities by choosing to defend him rather than following her more noble peers in the party - even when it was obvious she knew better. She’s a coward IMO.
    While I was also surprised and disappointed by some of her comments regarding Trump I can't judge her nobility or lack thereof without hearing an explanation from her. If she runs for president she owes us that explanation.

FORMER PRESIDENT DONALD Trump and his allies have already started charting out possible plans of attack against likely 2024 rival and Florida governor Ron DeSantis, according to three people familiar with the matter.

“This is where…Trump kicks him in the nuts,” one person close to the ex-president says.

The former president’s determination to obliterate his ascendent rival underscores just how unwilling Trump is to pass the torch and surrender his stewardship of the GOP — even if it shreds the party. As Trump and his ideological heir DeSantis vie for control of the Republican Party, the victor in that power struggle will help determine the precise kind of extreme politics that modern conservatives see as their future: the authoritarian personality cult of a Trump, or the more disciplined MAGAism of a DeSantis.

With everyone on Team Trump expecting DeSantis to challenge the former president in the upcoming GOP presidential primary, Trump and his advisers are plotting a new scorched-earth campaign against DeSantis as soon as he declares his 2024 candidacy.

In the past two months, Trump has talked to political allies about effective ways to pummel DeSantis on both personal issues — recurring concerns about his “likeability” and supposed charisma deficit — and on policy matters such as DeSantis’ hawkish foreign policy, trade stances, COVID-19 posturing, closeness to the party’s “establishment,” and the past votes to slash the social safety net, sources familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone.

Trump has participated in a handful of discussions on this topic so far, but campaign advisers are trying to keep the finer details of their oppo blitz under wraps for now. Still, that hasn’t stemmed Trump’s enthusiasm for going after DeSantis — his former MAGA-friendly ally — whom the former president now sees as his greatest intra-party foe. In recent weeks, Trump has repeatedly quizzed some of those close to him: “What else do we have on [Ron]?” he has asked, according to two sources who’ve heard his query..........

“Strategically, I would say DeSantis is probably well inoculated on some of these attacks from Trump,” says David Kochel, who served as a chief strategist in 2016 for Jeb Bush, who of course fell to Trump. “On the pandemic, DeSantis can say,‘You kept Dr. Fauci around, I would have fired him; you locked us down, I opened Florida back up,’” Kochel says. The strategist adds that attacking DeSantis on substance doesn’t play to the former president’s strong suit. “Trump is never at his best when he’s talking about policy; he’s at his best when he’s going after people about culture wars, which DeSantis has kind of perfect pitch on.”

Similarly, Kochel says Trump will have a hard time casting DeSantis as a tool of the establishment. “It’s going to be tricky [because] Trump is the establishment now. He’s the one who ran an administration, recruited a bunch of candidates to look and sound like him. The way Trump went after Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush, I do not believe that’s going to work against Ron DeSantis.”..........

Last edited:
    I've voted for an R as recently as 2015.....when is the last time you voted D? Once, long ago, from a party far, far gone, there were sane folks in it.......The R party has lost their collective minds, but go ahead and keep doing what you're doing....there is an orange man out there who can't wait to tear the party apart, it will be fun to watch!!!!!

The stuff you post is total and utter BS.....most of the folks on the DeSantis bandwagon are racist, bigoted and/or white christian nationalists, like a good portion of the R party these days.....
    NO

DeSantis ain’t attracting independents. He’s pretty radical.
    I am concerned about that as well.
    Yet if the Democratic nominee is Joe Biden...there WILL logically be SOME moderates/independents who say to themselves: " I don't want Joe Biden so I guess I'll vote for DeSantis".
    It's far off still.

This is an elected official that DeSantis fired for publicly disagreeing with him.

Nikki Haley has entered the chat.

Mike Pompeo says hold up...

CNN — Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo claims in his upcoming memoir that former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley plotted with former President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka and his son-in-law Jared Kushner to try to become Trump’s vice president, according to an excerpt of the book obtained by CNN.

Pompeo, in his book “Never Give an Inch: Fighting for the America I Love,” takes several shots at potential 2024 Republican rivals, including Haley and former national security adviser John Bolton, as the onetime Kansas congressman and CIA director fuels speculation about his own presidential ambitions.

Pompeo writes that he was told by John Kelly, Trump’s chief of staff at the time, that Haley had scheduled a meeting with the president to discuss what she claimed was a personal matter and then came to the Oval Office meeting with Kushner and Ivanka Trump, who were serving as White House senior advisers.

“As best Kelly could tell, they were presenting a possible ‘Haley for vice president’ option. I can’t confirm this, but he was certain he had been played, and he was not happy about it. Clearly, this visit did not reflect a team effort but undermined our work for America,” Pompeo writes in his book.

Once again, the legal pitfalls and enthusiasm deficit that plague Donald Trump’s bid for the 2024 Republican nomination are on display. On Thursday, a federal judge imposed $938,000 in sanctions on Trump and his lawyers. Meanwhile, an appearance touted by Trump as a major campaign event was nothing more than a closed-door speech to deep-pocketed election-deniers at a Trump property.

For those looking for uplift from a Trump campaign, those days are over. Rather, personal grievance and claims of a stolen 2020 election will likely be his dominant themes. For the 45th president, that may bring catharsis. For everyone else in the Republican party, that spells chaos, headache and the possibility of another Trump defeat at the hands of Joe Biden and the Democrats.

“Mr Trump is a prolific and sophisticated litigant who is repeatedly using the courts to seek revenge on political adversaries,” the court thundered in its ruling. “He is the mastermind of strategic abuse of the judicial process.”……

To be sure, Trump still leads the pack of prospective Republican presidential nominees. No other Republican contender possesses the same rapport with the party’s white working-class base; no one else is owed so much by Kevin McCarthy, the beleaguered speaker of the House.

By the numbers, Trump retains a double-digit advantage over Ron DeSantis, Florida’s spite-filledbut mirthless governor. So far, the 45th president’s mounting legal woes, listless campaign and friction with the evangelical leadership have not displaced him from his perch.

At the same time, the Republican field appears poised for a growth spurt, and if 2016 teaches anything, it is that more actually is merrier from Trump’s vantage point. It dilutes the opposition……

Evangelicals are only expected to be loyal to Jesus.
    Trump is wrong to think they owe him loyalty and if they show an interest in other candidates they are disloyal.

Evangelicals are only expected to be loyal to Jesus.
    I don't know that I expect that much from Evangelicals, to be honest.

I am concerned about that as well.
    Yet if the Democratic nominee is Joe Biden...there WILL logically be SOME moderates/independents who say to themselves: " I don't want Joe Biden so I guess I'll vote for DeSantis".
    It's far off still.

That's true. Moderates and Independents voted for Trump in 2016 and voted for a lot of Republican House members in the 2022 midterm. In their "both sides" crusade, moderates/independents are certainly capable of casting votes for Republicans that will hurt and destroy our country.

Anti semites, mob bosses, who’s next?
    ==============================
    They share an affinity for golf and an aversion to cooperating witnesses who “flip” to help federal investigators.

But former President Donald Trump and former Philly mob boss Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino don’t have much to say about how they wound up in a photo together at a South Florida golf course.

Trump posed for the photo with Merlino earlier this month at Trump International Golf Club West Palm Beach. The two, along with an unidentified third man, flash Trump’s customary “thumbs-up” hand signs and smiles while wearing golfing attire.

Does Trump know Merlino? Or at least who he was?

His presidential campaign won’t say……..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom