2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I loathe Trump but I'll admit to certain people he definitely has a certain charm

and name recogintion is a step but not the end all be all

National politics is littered with well known, anointed, can't lose front runners who lost

More like a cult like sickness....

I have never been able to understand what draws people to Trump outside of his money. He doesn't seem to have any charm to me, but that's just me. I find that guy and everything he is and represents to be repulsive.

DeSantis is even worse.

I have never been able to understand what draws people to Trump outside of his money. He doesn't seem to have any charm to me, but that's just me. I find that guy and everything he is and represents to be repulsive.

DeSantis is even worse.

Listen to him give a speech, especially the part just before the speech. (His speeches are incoherent word-salad, but effective on a purely emotional level) He'll rap with the crowd, point out local heroes, he's relaxed and comfortable in front of a mic.

DeSantis is even worse.
    I liked your post:) until the final four words:cautious:

Listen to him give a speech, especially the part just before the speech. (His speeches are incoherent word-salad, but effective on a purely emotional level) He'll rap with the crowd, point out local heroes, he's relaxed and comfortable in front of a mic.

I know he has that ability, but that always just made him smarmy to me. I've never gotten what attracts people to fakeness like that.

I liked your post:) until the final four words:cautious:

I'm always a disappointment in the end, but it's true. DeSantis loves the power, just as Trump did. But he doesn't feed off the adulation the way Trump needed to. He's more calculating and ruthless in carrying out his agenda.

I know he has that ability, but that always just made him smarmy to me. I've never gotten what attracts people to fakeness like that.

I'm always a disappointment in the end, but it's true. DeSantis loves the power, just as Trump did. But he doesn't feed off the adulation the way Trump needed to. He's more calculating and ruthless in carrying out his agenda.
    But he’s not actually doing anything but signaling to the base. The stuff he says he will do, he knows he cannot do it. He knows it would be unconstitutional, or illegal. He’s just puffing his chest and playing a part that he totally cannot back up.

Meantime, there is a true property insurance and housing crisis in FL that he seems to be ignoring. I saw a piece on TV where they talked to seniors in FL who rent and 80% (!) of them thought they would probably be evicted within the next year. (going from memory).

But he’s not actually doing anything but signaling to the base. The stuff he says he will do, he knows he cannot do it. He knows it would be unconstitutional, or illegal. He’s just puffing his chest and playing a part that he totally cannot back up.

Meantime, there is a true property insurance and housing crisis in FL that he seems to be ignoring. I saw a piece on TV where they talked to seniors in FL who rent and 80% (!) of them thought they would probably be evicted within the next year. (going from memory).

The question is if there's a Democrat with the stones and the skill to pin it on DeSantis and make it stick. My guess is they'll natter on about bathrooms and some random race-related issue...and lose...again.

For some things, sure. But there are areas such as with Disney and the immigration trafficking where he uses the power of government to enact his goals. And even for thing like the "Don't Say Gay" bill, they end up accomplishing there goal even if it end up being unconstitutional. Florida is much less accepting and open to LGBTQ+ people now than before DeSantis.

This is the other side of the coin for basically all current Republicans. They ignore real problems and issues that citizens face and need government solutions to for their fake anti-woke campaigns. Then blame "government" for those problems that they won't invest time in solving when they have power.

Last edited:

Ah. More mature and he knows how to translate the ideas in his head and put in motion what is needed for them to become actual reality.
    An effective leader.
    That makes him "worse" if you are a democrat.
    Yet, that's a good thing if you are me.

Ah. More mature and he knows how to translate the ideas in his head and put in motion what is needed for them to become actual reality.
    An effective leader.
    That makes him "worse" if you are a democrat.
    Yet, that's a good thing if you are me.

Yes, but what are his ideas and what's his agenda? If it's anything close to what I put in the post above yours (which is what I believe), why would any citizen (Republican, Democrat, Conservative or Liberal) want that for our country?

Yes, but what are his ideas and what's his agenda? If it's anything close to what I put in the post above yours (which is what I believe), why would any citizen (Republican, Democrat, Conservative or Liberal) want that for our country?
    What he believes....his core principles and values....much too much work for me to study.
    I don't want to.
    If YOU want to...go for it...

What he believes....his core principles and values....much too much work for me to study.
    I don't want to.
    If YOU want to...go for it...

As with all politicians with a record to study, ignore 90% of what he says and focus on what he's done.
    Which is mainly to pick pointless fights with corporations and try to ensure no school kid learns that America has ever had a racism problem.
    If tracking which bathroom someone uses and kidnapping random brown people is what you want out of government, he's demonstrably your guy.

Last edited:
    Ah, so you support him just because of the R next to his name....got it!!!!!
    Yup. YOU would never support someone because they have a D next to their name.
    No...not you.
    Above is my off the cuff answer sprinkled with attitude.
    Now (just below) is my slightly more thoughtfully prepared answer.....
    Naturally I HAVE ALREADY read internet articles on DeSantis and viewed Youtube videos as well.
    and....Not every "R" makes a good impression on me thru articles or videos, but DeSantis HAS done so.
    I don't owe you any explanation...but I've provided one anyway.
    I'm simply not interested in spending hours reading what appears in Post 387.
    Have a good day.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom