2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

I'm curious to see what Trump tries differently this time. There is no way he can roll out the same message and expand his voting demographic enough to win in 24. I did see something a little different though, he kept talking about how bad covid was instead of being dismissive about it. What blows me away about Trump is that he'd be in a favorable spot in his party if he just adopted the "Aw shucks man, we fell short and lost the election. I'll have to regroup and think about my political future."

Instead, he kept saying it was stolen, kept talking about election fraud which I believe turned off a lot of people. I'm not even sure he can get those voters back at this point.

It looks like, early, that he wants to be subdued in his tone and rhetoric.

Unfortunately, it's not going to take much to bring out the real DJT and that's when things will go off the rails. He is attempting to attract moderates and independents, by this "new Trump". While the real Trump is bubbling just under the surface, waiting for a crack to come out.

I’m hearing that he was just as negative as ever, even if slightly subdued. Also, I do think the stolen election stuff is a deal breaker. Nobody except the R cult members believe that crap.

I’m hearing that he was just as negative as ever, even if slightly subdued. Also, I do think the stolen election stuff is a deal breaker. Nobody except the R cult members believe that crap.

I caught a bit on Morning Edition in the car earlier, and someone mentioned that he dismissed critics as people who can harp on about problems but never actually fix them, then spent a big chunk of the speech criticizing Biden and the Democrats.

I liked the part where he said no other President in history was able to destroy the Islamic State Califate, which had only existed for about 5 years when he took office.

Another great quote:

“"We will dismantle the deep state and restore government by the people. To further drain the swamp, I will push for a Constitutional Amendment to oppose term limits on members of Congress. It’s time.”

So, we are going to have a constitutional amendment to oppose something that the constitution does not require?

Has another news organization blatantly stated that they will not back a candidate? Everyone knows who Fox wanted and who MSNBC wanted, and even CNN to a lesser degree, but I'm surprised they would state it out loud. That undermines whatever mirage of credibility they think they had.

Amazingly did not talk about stolen elections in referencing the midterms just said the citizens don't fully realize how badly the Democrats are doing.

"Keeping it elegant" and not using the term "FAKE NEWS"
    I'm not sure when you wrote this, but it didn't take him long to throw in a conspiracy about the 2020 election, when he implied that China interfered. He went on to say some crazy stuff, like that seas would rise 1/8 of an inch in the next 200 years, and that climate change won't affect us for about 300 years. It's so dangerous that his people will believe that. He said lots of other lies before I tuned out.

Trump claims to have “gone decades without a war - the first president to do it for that long a period.”

He was president for four years. 😂

Does he know a decade has 3650 days, or maybe he has lost track of time? On the other hand, maybe this was a Freudian slip, because he intends to be in office for decades?

This is a great piece - if the GOP doesn’t want Trump to be the nominee, they need to grow some courage and call him out, stop coming to his defense and take him down. He’s not going on his own.

This is a great piece - if the GOP doesn’t want Trump to be the nominee, they need to grow some courage and call him out, stop coming to his defense and take him down. He’s not going on his own.

Yep. Liz Cheney, Romney & Kinzinger stood by their beliefs from the start. And the auto-comeback is "yeah, but now they're out of office." I have a feeling they'll come out better in the end.

I kept waiting for the GOP to show some spine. Now, is a perfect opportunity to do so, but they're still too afraid. Pathetic.

Almost forgot about Pompeo, he went off and had surgery so he could lose weight and run for President:

I'm not sure when you wrote this, but it didn't take him long to throw in a conspiracy about the 2020 election, when he implied that China interfered. He went on to say some crazy stuff, like that seas would rise 1/8 of an inch in the next 200 years, and that climate change won't affect us for about 300 years. It's so dangerous that his people will believe that. He said lots of other lies before I tuned out.
    I caught some of the climate change stuff but I had tuned out after around 40 minutes. It went on far too long. I caught the China quip, too, but I thought that was relatively benign compared to his rants on Truth Social.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom