2022 Georgia Senate Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Senator Warnock won in a special election to fill the remainder of Johnny Isakson's seat - which expires January 2023. This means the seat is up for election in 2022, where Warnock will run as the incumbent and the GOP field that is now led by former running back Hershel Walker, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by Donald Trump.

Walker is a spectacularly bad candidate. Similar to the FB coach whose name I forget. He will probably be elected, which is why this country is in trouble. McConnell threw his support behind him, even knowing he is utterly unqualified to hold the office. Just another reason I have no patience left any longer for the Republican Party. They suck out loud.

Walker is a spectacularly bad candidate. Similar to the FB coach whose name I forget. He will probably be elected, which is why this country is in trouble. McConnell threw his support behind him, even knowing he is utterly unqualified to hold the office. Just another reason I have no patience left any longer for the Republican Party. They suck out loud.

Tuberville - yes, they seem really similar in their candidacies.

I think we could fill up this thread with Walker’s bad takes:

I didn't realize people were still saying this
    ============================

Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker expressed skepticism over evolution during a recent event at a Georgia church, questioning whether such a thing can be real based on the current existence of apes.

"At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it," Walker said in an appearance at Sugar Hill Church in Georgia on Sunday, The Huffington Post first reported his remarks.

Walker is running for the Republican nomination to challenge Sen. Raphael Warnock this November, a marquee race in Republicans' quest to retake the US Senate. A Georgia football legend, Walker, the 1982 Heisman Trophy winner, is viewed as the frontrunner in the GOP primary. Former President Donald Trump recruited Walker to run in the race. The former football star has also received an increased welcoming from more traditional GOP figures like Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Walker's claim echoes one of the biggest misunderstandings of evolution that has plagued scientists and biologists since Charles Darwin first made his theory. The theory does not state that humans descended from apes or chimpanzees or any other related animal that is alive today. Rather, humans and apes shared a common ancestor millions of years ago.

"Asking why modern chimps don't look more like humans is like asking why the children of your cousins don't look more like you than their parents. They're on an entirely different evolutionary path," The Washington Post wrote in 2016.............

I can only hope the R next to his name isn't enough to propel him to victory. If his handlers are smart, they'll refuse to allow him to debate because the crazy shirt he will spew will be staggeringly moronic. He makes Boebert and Greene look like veritable Einsteins.

I can only hope the R next to his name isn't enough to propel him to victory. If his handlers are smart, they'll refuse to allow him to debate because the crazy shirt he will spew will be staggeringly moronic. He makes Boebert and Greene look like veritable Einsteins.
    It'll be an intersting race. But it'll be less than 5% of the voters that will make the difference. If they put this guy on stage during a debate, the R's won't stand a chance..

I don’t think R voters will hesitate to vote for him. His crazy ideas are a feature for them, not a bug.
    Oh and he has picked up another endorsement:

I don’t think R voters will hesitate to vote for him. His crazy ideas are a feature for them, not a bug.
    Oh and he has picked up another endorsement:

no doubt the Rs will vote for him, but its the undecideds and independents who will probably be the difference makers in an election like this. When the crazy starts coming out in Walker, those will get turned off quickly...

Not too surprising, but still sad considering how loony Walker is

Warnock, who won a special election in 2021 and is now running for a full term, is supported by 45 percent of registered voters in the poll released Wednesday, while Walker is backed by 49 percent of voters.

The Republican’s lead is just outside the survey’s margin of error of 3 percentage points, though 6 percent of voters remain undecided, according to the poll.

Wait until the real attack ads start and all his dirty laundry starts getting aired. Most people aren't aware of his past, just that he's Hershel Walker, the ex-football player..

Herschel Walker No-Showed His First Major Debate Saturday​

Not a good start for him, but i have no doudt he would not be a good speaker during the debates.... I wonder if the GOP will let him attend any debates?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom